I've just lost a huge number of updates I made to my map, which must have been unable to sync for many hours. 😭
I only now got an error message that the connection failed and when I refreshed the tab, I was back to the state of yesterday afternoon!
(1) Any chance to get my edits back? I guess no ...
(2) Any way to make the UI more aggressively show that the connection was lost?
The Issue has been identified and fixed last week.
Sometimes, lost changes could be recovered by "compacting" the map (via ☰-Menu).
Again: We are very sorry for any data loss that may have happened.
If anything like this still happens, please report back. To our knowledge, this problem has been fixed.
Oh 😲 I am very sorry to hear that.
We will look into it. Can you give some more detail? e.g.
- the Map ID (see URL)
- anything that might have happened after the last save and your loss (being offline, unusual actions, any observations)
- Do you remember, if the cloud symbol that appears at the top left kept flashing green oder was ist red?
- were there any error messages?
really sad to hear that. Im so sorry for you 😣. We already invested quite some time in this topic (working without connection, and update are sent into nirvana) and though that this cannot happen anymore. At least I haven’t heard similar problems for quite a while.
Regarding your questions:
(1) Can you send me the URL of this map? and maybe some keywords that are in the part of the map that got lost? (plz send this info to email@example.com) Then we can have a look - maybe we can revert the map to some historical version where these changes are still there.
(2) Currently for every single change that you do, you get a little green cloud in the upper left part of the UI. If the saving of an update failed you should get a red cloud. Did you remember having seen any cloud icons & colors?